Monday, July 28, 2014

What do you hold on to?

Sometimes we hold on to things so tightly, that we damage them. There is an old meme (from before that word existed) that showed a picture of a bird being released form a cage and the words said something like, "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it truly belongs to you, if not then it was never meant to be."

I don't know that I completely agree with the details, but the sentiment is true. Sometimes in order to show some one or something how much we love it, we have to be willing to let it go.

Parents have to do this all the time, release their kids to grow up. Teach them to do the right thing, then trust them to do it.  It's hard, sometimes all we can do is open our hand and shut our eyes, hoping they will come back to us, and fearing they will simply disappear into the blue yonder.

I think God does that for use too. I think God lets us free so we can choose to be with Him. He never forces us to do anything.

Just have to remember that.

my time is up...

My peace I give to you,
Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment