Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Sleep Is For The Tired

When I came home this morning, from working my third shift job, my two youngest children (ages 19 and 14 so not so young) were sitting exactly where they had been when I left for work some twelve hours before. They had the same clothes on and when I asked if they had stayed up all night playing, they had the same sheepish grin.

I know that I have done this, so I can't say a whole lot, except I can say this. Sleep is a rare commodity. When you are a teen you think that you can have as much of it as you want. Go to bed at 5:00am and sleep till 2:00pm!  no problem! the problem is, when you get into your thirties you start to wish you had slept more regularly. in your forties you wish you could sleep regularly in your mid forties you wish that you could get a consistent amount of sleep.

Sometimes I sleep where ever I am. sitting in the car, in an office wherever. The other day I hadn't gone to bed yet and took my wife and mother to the chiropractor. I sat in the waiting area and put my head back and slept... I woke to that unmistakable feeling of someone staring at me.. this kid, maybe 12 or so was about 3 feet away staring at me. I asked if I snored and he just shook his head. I have no clue what he was looking it.
My point, I guess, is that sleep is a wonderful thing that shouldn't be taken advantage of nor should it be squandered. You CAN'T always sleep!

I'm out of time,
My peace I give to you,

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment