Saturday, July 26, 2014

Nothing

This is not a blog about nothing... well, maybe it is.
When I was growing up a minister who had a lot of input in my life, Rev. Loran W. Helm would share about nothing. about becoming nothing. He was speaking from a Christian perspective, however, I think that anyone can get some help from this.

When asked what we have in common with most of the world a lot of us, or maybe most of us would say "nothing"  meaning that there is no commonality... however... we are correct.. except in our meaning.
Nothing, if you go small enough what is between quarks and gluons, what surrounds the "God Particle"?  Nothing. Nothing suspends the planets in orbit, Nothing holds the tides in check. Yes there are forces and things and rules and laws.. but if you go small enough what holds it all together? Nothing. If we were able to compress matter so that there was no empty space between atoms and protons and neutrons... other than a big bang... we would be able to fit most of the world in a bathtub (that's a guess I haven't done any scientific measurements) but comparatively it would be.

So what do we have in common with the rest of humanity, the world at large, the galaxy, the Universe, and the multi-verse?  Nothing!

My time is up
My peace I give to you

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment