Saturday, August 23, 2014

Who I Am vs What I SAY I AM

When we are out in the world and someone says, "Who are you?" How do we answer?  Do we say, I am a child of God!  That's true, if we are a child of God. I could say I'm Jonathan Wagner.  That's true. I could say I am a father, pastor, programmer, teacher, student. Again, true.

Hmmmm, how do we answer?  When the temple guards came ot the garden to arrest Jesus and take him to trial before the Sanheedren they asked him who he was. His answer?  "I am, that I AM"  When he said it they all fell to the ground.  Lets look at that...

I am  simple introduction.. the same as any of my answers above  "THAT I am"  I think he emphasized the THAT. He was referring to the old testament where God said I AM.

See the word became flesh and dwelt among us.  But it was still the same word. He was and is THAT I AM.

We have to remember that if we have the Holy Ghost in our hearts, then we have THAT I AM inside of us. guiding us, directing us, helping us!

My time is up.
My peace I give to you
Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment