Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Trip to the Airport

I'm taking my mother to the airport this morning. The airline says to be there by no later than 6:30 for a 7:30 departure. I'm just not sure why.  I mean the airport here in Greenville is tiny..no let me correct that it's TINY I could walk the entire length of the building in about 2 minutes... if that.. and I would be going slowly. So even if the checkin took a long time say 15 minutes and security took 15 minutes the plane would still be 30 minutes from departure...
So WHY is it so crucial to get to the airport an hour early or in some places two or three hours early? I wish I knew. I really makes little sense to me!

That said, I'm happy to give my mom a ride and we will even go in and see her off. I refuse to just drop her at the door... it just doesn't seem right! So we will go in and walk with her up to the security checkin, where we can't go further. I doubt we will sit in the lounge and wait an hour or so to watch her plane take off so we will kiss her goodbye at the security gate, and wish her a pleasant journey.

I think she will have good weather for flying and hopefully will have someone engaging to talk with.

Well my time is up.

My peace I give to you

Jonathan

1 comment:

  1. Didn't they build a new wing to the airport? I saw it on the news. Anyway, safe travels for your mom!

    ReplyDelete