Monday, August 4, 2014

Stolen from Facebook

I wrote this this morning on Facebook and decided to post it as my five minute blog today:

I do not have a problem with examining the actions of Israel, Gaza, Iran, Syria, Russia, Ukraine, even the USA. I have a problem with making judgements based on partial knowledge, gleaned from people with partial knowledge with no personal experience. I do not have full knowledge of Israel's motifs,(other than those stated) very few do, I do not have full knowledge of Hamas's motifs, (again other than those stated) I can look at the stated motifs and decide which I am more comfortable with.
Is the I.D.F. perfect? Ha! far from it there are bullies and blood thirsty soldiers in every army in the world. However, do they have a right to defend their nation from attack? yes. Is it ok to bomb schools and mosques? no... is it ok to launch hundreds of missiles into civilian populations? No. Before you make statements, consider the people.. the individuals the ones you know. yes, I know Israelis and I know palestinians, Christian and Muslim, and I know Jewish and christian Israelis... consider THOSE people what do you think they are thinking during this time of strife? Where do you think they sleep at night? what do you think they are going through? Do not argue with me about politics. Do not fuss about morals. Do not get on a high horse because of this or that. Consider the children. all of the children. And in considering them pray. pray that peace that passes understanding will flow out to all involved. Pray that the God of heaven will look down and protect the children. God siad he knitted them together in their mothers womb. Pray for their protection. Pray for miracles of peace. Pray that the fruits of the Spirit will be poured out, Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Self Control against such there is NOT law. These fruits can and will stop all conflict. These fruits will solve the problems. These fruits will reach across boundaries and take care of issues that politics will not, that violence can not.
Pray.

My piece I give to you.
Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment