Tuesday, October 13, 2015

What does it mean to be ... me?

No one really knows what it means to be me.  Im not even sure that I know. Which is rather disconcerting.  I have been watching the first season of a show called Dark Matter  (I have been watching on NetFlix so I'm uncertain what network it airs on). In this show the crew wakes up to a damaged ship, failing life support, and absolutely no memories. None of them know their names, their identities etc. Their personalities remain, and their instincts, just not usable memories. One crew member, the youngest who was a stow-away, has dreams of other peoples memories, and through these dreams bits and pieces of who they are comes through.

the interesting thing is, these people have a chance at becoming someone totally new, being someone honest, good, etc. but as they discover that they are all wanted criminals their personalities begin to bend more to the expectations of others than to who they truly are.

There are folks who face the unknown in themselves and truly want to be better people with a new start.

I wonder if I need a new start?  Sometimes I wonder who I am what I'm doing where I am.. not literally.. but metaphysically.  I know what I am called to and I know that I love my family. I'm just trying to figure out the rest... be patient with me.. maybe I'm metamorphosing into something better... hopefully not worse.

My peace I give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment